Vacancy Executive Chef
ANEW Hotel Hluhluwe is seeking an Executive Chef to provide an efficient and cost-effective food service to the establishment. To achieve a quality of food delivery and service acceptable standards, creating results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the company
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Knowledgeable in food preparation, kitchen management, Pluspoint, Apex (sales & catering module)
- Interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making and time management are essential
- Supervises Chefs and cleaning staff on assigned shifts
- Complete market lists for food on days specified
- Ensures quality of food received into stores complies with standards
- Ensures proper stock rotation, strict control over internal issues from storerooms, cold rooms, deep freezers are under control
- Ensure sufficient supervision for all services i.e. a la carte, buffet etc
- Ensures buffet is cleared and locked away within 10 minutes after service closure
- Ensures that all equipment in kitchen area is clean and well maintained
- Liaise with conference and banqueting coordinator and food & beverage manager on a regular basis to ensure smooth running of functions
- Reviews purchases to revenue report ensuring stock levels maintained
- Manages daily wastage and shrinkage
- Responsible for all policies regarding audit requirements
- Share accountability for food control and all related results
- Ensures all laws, regulations, licenses, policies pertaining to operation of the kitchen function are adhered too.
- Hospitality Certificate or Hospitality Management Diploma qualification will be an advantage
- At least 5-10 years’ experience within the hospitality industry in 3 / 4star property.
- Must have at least 2 years of management or supervisory experience
- Must be standards orientated
- Good knowledge of Food and Beverage in a 3* or 4* establishment
- High level of customer service, high level of numeracy skills, disciplined, organised, attention to detail, deadline driven, and cost control skills essential.
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and Isizulu will be advantage
- High degree of self-motivation and ambition
- Time management
Should you believe you have all the required qualifications and skills to fulfil this role, and add value to ANEW Hotels and Resorts, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not received a response by 30 January 2020, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful.