We are looking for a Positive, Passionate individual to join our dynamic TEAM at Anew Hotel Ingeli Forest & Spa.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Assists to ensuring the Year To Date departmental profit per the budget is achieved.
- Assist with the management with the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Plans sequence and time of cooking operations to meet meal-serving hours.
- Assigns specific tasks to Chefs and Cooks across various kitchen stations.
- Ensures size of food portions are as per laid down standards.
- Evaluates and solves problems encountered, such as substituting items on menus, reusing cooked food, and reducing excess waste and spoilage.
- Inspects food preparation stations, pantries, serving stations, and butchering and baking areas for cleanliness.
- Assist in cooking tasks and in preparing hot and cold canapes and hors d’oeuvres for banquets or functions.
- Checks that all mis-en-place is prepared for food service and assists in the cooking and final preparation of dishes.
- Ensure that the buffet is always laid up to the specification agreed too.
- Assists in the control of production costs.
- Conducts Stock Takes when instructed to do so.