Vacancy Assistant General Manager
ANEW Hotel Hluhluwe is looking for a dynamic Assistant General Manager to effectively manage the day to day operation, consistent with company and group standards and to achieve optimum financial results and guest satisfaction. The successful candidate will represent Company in dealing with staff, guests, suppliers and owners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the General Manager in her day to day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD’s and observers’ performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD’s.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA’s etc. and Centricity System
- Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paper works.
- Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of Brand and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work with authority to others in the accomplishment of goals, provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
Available to work when needed, including shifts, weekends, public holidays, and nights.
- A degree or diploma in hotel management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
- Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 5 to 8 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with at least 3 to 4 years of experience as Assistant General Manager with food & beverage background.
- Experience in a 3* or 4* hotel is desirable.
- Experience with Apex and Pluspoint is essential.
Should you believe you have all the required qualifications and skills to fulfil this role, and add value to ANEW Hotels and Resorts, please send your CV
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not received a response by 30 January 2020, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful.